How to Protect Residual Renal Function for Kidney Failure Patients
How to protect residual renal function for kidney failure patients, especially Dialysis patients? In this article, we provide you with 5 aspects. Hope they can help you.
(1) Treatment of primary diseases
The degree of residual renal function decline and the rate of progress are different. Renal function deteriorates fastest in Diabetic Nephropathy, but early intensive insulin therapy can slow down the decline of residual renal function. Although Lupus Nephritis has reached the stage of uremia, you should not easily give up the treatment of the primary disease. A large number of clinical cases have proved that even if it develops to the end stage, after steroid pulse therapy or plasma exchange, renal function may recover, and even there are reports of long-term detachment from dialysis. End-stage renal disease caused by Polycystic Kidney Disease, chronic pyelonephritis and renal arteriosclerosis can maintain urine volume for a long time. It should be protected in many ways, including active prevention and control of infection, rational use of antibiotics and avoidance of nephrotoxic drugs.
(2) Controlling hypertension is a factor that promotes the progress of kidney disease for any patient, especially for dialysis patients, which are prone to water retention and lipid metabolism disorders. These two factors are also risk factors for hypertension and renal arteriosclerosis. It is very important to control blood pressure in normal range in dialysis patients, and antihypertensive drugs with less damage to kidney should be selected.
(3) To prevent hypotensive reaction during dialysis, dialysis patients can neither retain water nor be underweight. In dialysis, the speed of water removal should not be too fast, and hypotension should be prevented as far as possible, because insufficient effective blood volume can cause further ischemia of the kidney and aggravate renal damage. Some hemodialysis patients have both urine volume and mild water retention, but can not tolerate ultrafiltration. They can take diuretics orally, which can not only increase the clearance of water and solute, but also prevent hypotension during dialysis.
(4) The use of biocompatible macromolecule synthetic dialysis membranes (such as polysulfone membranes, polyacrylonitrile membranes, etc.) can reduce the activity of complements and the production of inflammatory mediators and cytokines during dialysis, which is beneficial to the protection of residual renal function and the reduction of dialysis complications. In addition, the use of non-heat source dialysis water and bicarbonate dialysate to increase the concentration of sodium dialysate can reduce the production of cytokines and prevent kidney damage caused by sudden changes in osmotic pressure during dialysis.
(5) Choosing the appropriate dialysis program for hemodialysis patients is best to dialysis twice a week to reduce the range of changes in body volume and osmotic pressure, which is conducive to the protection of residual renal function. Some studies have shown that the residual renal function of hemodialysis patients decreases faster than that of CAPD patients. The reasons include: inflammation mediators produced during hemodialysis act on damaged kidneys repeatedly; rapid changes of osmotic pressure and corresponding volume reduction during dialysis aggravate renal ischemia, etc.
How to protect residual renal function for kidney failure patients? Now you get the answer. For more information on Kidney Failure treatment, please leave a message below or contact online doctor.
***Please seek professional medical advise for the diagnosis or treatment of any ailment, disease or medical condition. This article is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical professional.***