Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)
What is Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)?
PKD is an inherited renal cystic lesion, in which kidneys of people with gene defect have polycystic disorder under the function of toxins in body so as to oppress renal inherent cells, manifested clinically as proteinuria, hematuria, high blood pressure and some other symptoms.
Why do you get PKD?
For people with gene defect, various bad living habits can make a lot of toxins build up in the body so as to exceed the anti-inflammatory ability of body. The balance of anti-inflammation and pro-inflammation of human cells is constantly shifting to pro-inflammation. Renal tubular epithelial cells undergo phenotypic transformation, abnormal proliferation and blockage of renal tubules under repeated stimulation of infection and/or injury, and then transdifferentiate into cyst-lining cells, secreting a large amount of intracystic fluid, which makes the cysts continuously enlarge and oppress and injure the inherent kidney cells, and then red blood cells and plasma protein leak into urine, forming hematuria, proteinuria, and some other symptoms, such as swelling, high blood pressure, declined renal function, etc. This is PKD.
According to TCM, PKD is due to congenital kidney deficiency, the damp-heat pathogenic Qi invades into the kidney collaterals and accumulates, over time developing to a critical state, producing damp toxin and heat toxin, which further blocks Qi and blood, producing stasis toxin. Dampness, heat and stasis can combine to form toxins and damage kidney collaterals. As a result, some clinical symptoms such as foamy urine, blood urine and high blood pressure will appear.
Why PKD is long-lasting?
At present, the clinical treatment of Western medicine mostly uses hemostasis, hypotension, improvement of renal microcirculation, and some attempts to inhibit the proliferation of cyst lining cells, but the effect is uncertain, and there is no treatment for abnormal expression of renal cysts and cytokines, so this is only temporary medical relief, leading to the long-lasting of PKD.
Traditional Chinese medicine mainly uses the method of softening hardness to dissipate stagnation, but does not go deep into the kidney collaterals to clear away the toxins of damp, heat and stasis. If the collateral toxicity is not cleared, the self-detoxification ability of Qi and blood can not be restored, and the disease will not be controlled well for a long time.
How do we treat PKD?
We mainly use traditional Chinese medicine detoxification treatment to treat PKD, in which treatment of dispelling toxins, dissolving toxins and discharging toxins are used. It takes effects quickly, does no harm to kidneys, and reduces relapse. This treatment is characterized by cleaning up toxins in the body and regulating the expression of abnormal cytokines.
The treatment steps are as follows:
1. To promote Qi circulation and dispel toxins. It mainly uses traditional Chinese medicine of promoting qi, activating blood circulation and stopping bleeding, dredging collaterals and dispersing blood stasis to penetrate kidney collaterals to dredge blood stasis in collaterals, which can soften cysts, alleviate oppression and prevent disease from progressing. That is, the use of Chinese medicine detoxification therapy can promote the expression of anti-inflammatory cytokines, relieve the inflammatory state of cells, and control the disease from deterioration.
2. To dispel dampness and resolve toxins. It mainly uses traditional Chinese medicine of replenishing qi to clear away heat toxins, and promoting qi circulation to remove dampness to penetrate kidney collaterals to eliminate damp and heat toxins, which can relieve hematuria and foamy urine. That is to, the use of Chinese medicine detoxification therapy can restore the balance of anti-inflammatory cytokines and pro-inflammatory cytokines, change the cell microenvironment, regulate abnormal cytokine expression, and make proteinuria turn to negative.
3. To eliminate toxins. It is mainly to remove the imbalance between Yin and Yang, restore the self-detoxification ability of human qi and blood, and reduce the relapse of disease. Chinese medicine detoxification therapy is mainly used to alleviate stress state, improve immunity and restore the self-healing ability of cell detoxification so as to stabilize the condition and prevent relapse.
This therapy has the characteristics of no injury to kidney, quick response and less relapse.
To what extent can we treat PKD?
Proteinuria and hematuria can turn to negative. And renal cysts will shrink so that the compression of cysts on renal inherent cells will be relieved.
1. To seek professional hospital or doctor for accurate diagnosis and standardized treatment. Avoid overspending even if you are rich.
2. Once you find a professional hospital or doctor, you must treat the disease as soon as possible so as to strive for better treatment results, which not only spend less money, but also reduce sufferings.
3. Once the treatment is effective, you must follow the doctor's advice to keep on treatment and have regular checkups, which is the most effective measure to prevent relapse of the disease. As long as it does not relapse, it will certainly be able to treat well. This is also the most cost-effective and comfortable treatment.
***Please seek professional medical advise for the diagnosis or treatment of any ailment, disease or medical condition. This article is not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a licensed medical professional.***